Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Orchids and Flowering plant


     This some of my favorite orchids and flowering plant. Ive found some of them and I took some pictures. I don't have professional camera so I just used my Canon PowerShot A2200 digital camera. By the way all the pictures you will see is taken from my father's garden.

     Orchid Family is flowering plant with a colorful and fragrant blooms. It is diverse and widespread allover the planet. Many Orchids are found in a tropical forest. According to Wikipedia the name comes from the Greek ὄρχις (órkhis), literally meaning "testicle", because of the shape of the root.


 This is a Peach and Fuchsia Vanda and one of my personal favorite. My fathers also love this orchids, he use to plant this back in the days. In this image you will see the mango tree in the middle of a rice field I used to hang-out there when I was a kid.

PEACH VANDA


FUCHSIA VANDA


This is a  Purple Orchid from Mindanao, Philippines. Some named this as Mindanao Orchids, this is a wild orchids. Some believes that its origin is from Mindanao region. You can grow this orchid easily, you don't need to give a special attention to this plant. There is only a very little known information about this plant.

MINDANAO ORCHIDS

This one here is a Pink Rose, I am not very sure what species of rose it belongs to. But maybe I think its one kind of Rose Bushes, I am really not sure. There are over 100 species of roses.  They grow a very large flower and showy, in colours ranging from white through yellows and reds. Most species are native to Asia, with smaller numbers native to Europe, North America, and northwest Africa.

PINK ROSE


My father called this orchid Yellow Dancing Lady, because if you will take a closer look you will see a group of lady-looking flowers that is wearing a dress with a long skirt. And they look like dancing. But in my picture It is not very visible. When I took this pictures the flower is not fully sprout. Wikipedia named this orchid as Oncidium and they gave hundreds of species. This one in mine is Oncidium flexuosum .

DANCING LADY ( ONCIDIUM FLEXUOSUM)




This one in here is a White and Red Dahlia, this is my most favorite. There are many species of dahlia, about 35 kind. This is native to Mexico and Central America. Some species grew its flower big as a dinner plate. The stem is very leafy, ranging from 30cm up to 2.5m height. This one I have is about 2m. This is one of the most common garden plant. But my father told me that this very hard to grow. It needs an extra care to flower it, And because of its height you will need support. The dahlias' flowers will not last very long.

WHITE DAHLIA


RED DAHLIA

The next images is a Orange and Yellow Daisy(Bellis perennis). Daisy are exceedingly large and widespread, they are closely related to aster and sunflower. They are classified as one family because of their similarity in petals. The name daisy is considered a corruption of "days' eye" and this was because the petals of daisy open at dawn and close at dusk. the petals of daisy can be eaten raw in salads, soups and sandwiches. It can also be use as a tea. As for vitamins supplements.

ORANGE DAISY

YELLOW DAISY

       I am well aware that I don't gave the best and much detailed information about this flowers and orchids. But I know I have share a little idea with you guys.And I am very thankful you spent a little time reading this blog. By the way thank you Tatay Elad for your flowers.


You can email me at. nelgabo@yahoo.com or goodgabriel29@gmail.com.Thank you!!!!


                                                                                                                 by nelgabo.

No comments:

Post a Comment